Whiteboard’s birthday is March 28, 2012. We started this company in order to bring a friendly, fresh, realistic, and relevant approach to consulting. We began as a company focused purely on process improvement consulting, determined to help businesses become more effective and efficient using our own easy-to-implement and effective improvement methodology, The Whiteboard Way©.
We soon discovered that people didn’t just hold up their hands and say, “Oh pick us! We need process improvement!” No, in fact a lot of people don’t even know what the term means or why they should care about it.
We found our work shifting to training and facilitation, knowing that what people REALLY need is a culture shift that will encourage innovation, inspire creativity, and allow people to try, fail, and try again. It is only by developing culture that organizations can attempt a massive (or moderate) change and hope to be successful.
We now provide coaching and training on things that are most likely to help organizations be successful at implementing change. Things like:
- Learning how (and when) to have rewarding conversations with people at work. Yes – conversations. It’s not as simple as you might think, and our coaching course helps people-managers build their skills in this area. It’s probably our most popular course.
- Understanding the difference between leading and managing, and why that’s important in building an effective team.
- Becoming self-aware and realizing how that can lead to truly effective communication.
- Knowing how to set goals and understanding why measurements are important (hint: people like to know when they’re winning).
- Helping teams understand the flow of work through an organization, and how gaps in process can cause frustration and inefficiency.
- Helping individuals reach their potential through individual and executive coaching programs.
We now describe ourselves as Change Management consultants who help uncover hidden opportunities to improve business results. And we do that by seeking to understand our clients, our course participants, our partners, and – always – ourselves.
- Through our coaching program, we seek to understand you – the person – and help you get to the root of whatever barriers are in your way.
- Through our process improvement work, we seek to understand the organization, and uncover hidden opportunities to improve business results.
- Through our psychometric assessments (Myers Briggs Type Indicator) we help you seek to understand yourself and the people around you.
- Through our speaking, training, and facilitation, we seek to understand our participants, and by so doing we ensure our workshops are dynamic, fun, relevant, and valuable.
Thank you to all our clients, partners, and supporters who make it continually fun to do what we do. We couldn’t – and wouldn’t – do it without you!