I know this photo has nothing to do with webinars, but it portrays excitement! And I’m excited! (Photo by Social Cut on Unsplash)
The Unicorn of All Training Topics
Regular readers will know I teach a lot, and one of the more popular topics I cover is called Management Essentials.
Not a very catchy title, I know, but it’s not my course — I just deliver the materials.
Anyway, participants love this course; not only is it eye-opening for them (you mean manager’s have to do ALL THAT plus help me get my work done?), but it also helps them think about whether they really have it in them to manage other people, or what they need to do next to up their management skills.
We talk about what it is to be a manager or a leader or — the unicorn in business — a Leader-Manager.
We discuss the right and wrong ways to engage people, why coaching is key, what incivility is and why it’s ruining the workplace today, time management and prioritization skills, and perhaps most importantly, how self-awareness is one of the most important characteristics of a Leader-Manager.
During the course I think I’ve been asked 99 times, “What kind of training do people get when they become managers for the first time?”
The thing is, it’s a rare (and wonderful) organization that has training for people when they become new managers.
Some organizations have Leadership Development programs, and often those are for a select few people who have been identified as having “high potential.”
So how are people supposed to learn to be good managers and to develop that potential if no one will train them?
Which brings us to this webinar.
This is a free one-hour taste of our Being A Great Boss course.
Yes it’s free, and yes it’s only one-hour, but I promise it is packed with as much content as I can in that amount of time. I will also have free templates and resources for you.
And yes, there will be an opportunity to learn more about the full self-directed, six-week online course which will be offered this fall.
Who Should Attend This Webinar?
- Brand new managers who wish there was a course on how to be the kind of boss everyone wants to work for.
- People who think they’d like to become a manager, and who want to sharpen up their skills to increase their chances of landing that dream job.
- Existing managers who would just like to be better.
Is this you? You can sign up for it by CLICKING HERE — it’s super quick and easy, and you don’t need to download any software or give a credit card.
What You Will Learn
- How To Get Recognized (And Promoted) In Your Organization. Most organizations want someone who can get the job done. That’s a manager. Most employees want to work for someone who inspires them and makes them feel good about their work. That’s a leader. Learn how to stand out in your organization by being BOTH, and up your chances of a promotion.
- How to Get People To Want To Do A Great Job Just Because They Want You To Look Good. The #1 tool in your “Manager Toolbox” is understanding your own personal habits and preferences, and recognizing how they impact your ability to inspire and communicate with other people.
- How To Get Someone To Say What You’d Rather Just Tell Them.Learning to coach was a career-changer for me, and I’ll share how it can be for you too.
- Tools, Tips, and Cheat Sheets. You’ll get easy-to-use downloadable templates to help you remember and use what you learn.
- I’ll Also Answer Your Questions Live. This is not a pre-recorded training. Join me live on August 27th and I’ll answer your questions throughout the presentation. Whether you’re just starting out or you’ve been managing people for years, I’ll show you how to use a few simple tools to turn your manager style into a leader-manager style!
You can sign up for it by CLICKING HERE
- It’s August 27th at 12 noon Eastern Daylight Time.
- It’s one hour.
- You will get a ton of excellent content, and some free templates and tools to take away and start using right away.
Can’t Attend But Wish You Could?
Sign up anyway, and I’ll send you the recorded webinar after it’s over.
You can sign up for it by CLICKING HERE
Hope to see you there!